About Garden Route Cabinets
We are one of the largest and most reputable cupboard and cabinet makers in the Western Cape.
We would like to present our profile in order to be considered as sub-contractor for the supply and installation of cupboards and fittings.
The manufacturing concern trading as MMA Office Furniture was bought from the previous owners on 24 July 1996, by the present owner, André Cronje. During the year 1999 – 2000, the cupboard division was established. Only after more than a years development work, it was decided to enter the market. Today, we believe that our cupboards and our installation methods compare to the very best available in the area and our target market is the more upmarket developments. As a general rule, we assemble all the cupboards that we can freely carry into the units, at our factory in Extension Road, George. We proud ourselves in our work and believe that we have the edge on the more established cupboard contractors in our area, mainly with regard to pricing. We do all our installations with our own staff and will at all times have a senior staff member as a working supervisor on site.
Office furniture division
- We are proud to be a supplier of office furniture to the Waltons Group, mainly in the western Cape, but recently also to branches outside of the Western Cape;
- We are also the preferred supplier of office furniture to the @Office Group, with branches in Kimberley, Vryburg, Klerksdorp, Potchofstroom, Welkom, Bloemfontein, Postmasburg and now also in Porterville.
- In addition to this, we also supply to local Municipalities and several major clients from within the area.
- During the last 12 years we have been involved with installations from as far as Natures Valley to the East and beyond Dana Bay to the West.
- Extremely upmarket installations in 8th Avenue Wildernis, Wildernis Heights and Wildernis Garden Estate, Palm Lane Plett
- Some of these installations featured in the Home Owner magazine (3 different issues with different designs)
- Project work includes 48 units of the Pansy Cove Development in Hartenbos, and
- Hartenbos Landgoed included 120 units (We completed 48 units in 2 months)
- After 11 years in a rented building, we have since 1 March 2007 moved into our own premises in Extension Road, George;
- The new building provides for some 600m2 of showroom area, some 700m2 of store area and some 2000m2 of factory area. A further 750m2 will be in reserve for future expansions.
- We have the capacity to take on volume projects.
- The owner and Manager, André Cronje, are well qualified to manage projects, with qualifications in Financial Management (B.Com (Acc) 1984 Unisa) and general management and leadership(Masters in Business Leadership 1989 SBL Unisa).
- Before moving down to George was in Financial Management with Sasol Mining (Pty) Ltd ….for 9 years;
- Before moving to Secunda was involved with project studies at Transnet (1976 – 1985)…for 9 years.
- The oldest son Riaan Cronje as the General Manager and Marius Cronje as the Logistics Manager.
We use the latest version of ArtiCad and Sketch-Up and we are well equiped to initiate and optimize on any design.
We would like to invite you to our premises and view our workmanship on display in our showrooms and to give
us the opportunity to quote and to be considered as selected sub-contractor. Be assured of our best
service at all times.
Delivering Solutions For Over 24 Years
WE ARE ONE OF THE LARGEST AND MOST REPUTABLE CUPBOARD AND CABINET MAKERS IN THE WESTERN CAPE AND HAVE A NATIONAL DELIVERY FOOTPRINT.
“Oustanding experience dealing with Garden Route Cabinets.”